Vintage Fashion: January 1947 Paris Fashions

This vintage fashion clipping is from January 1947 Ladies Home Journal. Two beautiful dresses. I love the style of the drawings. They would be cute framed and placed in a dressing room area.

The pink dress reminds me of a couple of dresses my sister and I made when we were about seven and eleven years old. We used a red silk bed sheet and some other material my mother had in her sewing room. We pinned the material here and there to make it drape beautifully and sewed them while still in the perfectly fitted designs. 😲 LOL yes they were sewn right on us. LOL We were so please with our dresses and how beautiful we looked. Our mother was not too impressed, though I don't remember her really being mad. But she did point out that now we would have to cut them off to get out of them LOL good times. 

Dress on the left: Enchantment in pink taffeta, divinely draped to the side; worn with black lace scarf: by Balenciaga

Dress on the right: The corselet dress in black velvet, black tulle headdress; provocative silhouette by Jacques Faith.

Comments

Popular Posts