1951 Cause for Alarm - Film Noir Vintage Movie


1951 Cause for Alarm, is a Film Noir, Crime, Drama - Staring Loretta Young, Barry Sullivan, and Bruce Cowling. It's a decent suspense movie about a woman who's bedridden husband has become paranoid and about his wife and his doctor. He believes they are out to get him and writes a letter telling of his suspicions after which he dies.

One of the original movie posters reads, "A riveting, tense drama that truly makes for a classic thriller movie!". Overall I felt it was a good suspense though Loretta's character did annoy me that she was so stupid at points. That's the way all suspense movies are though LOL. As one reviewer on Internet Archive put it, "Loretta Young was nothing less than fabulous (as usual) in her performance here, keeping viewers like me on the edge of their seat hoping she won't do what she does next."  I couldn't have said it better myself!

I hope you enjoy the movie. Let me know what you thought of it in the comments below.

This movie is public domain. If you enjoyed it you can download it from Internet Archive. You can learn more about this movie and cast on IMDB.

Cause for Alarm! (1951) on IMDb

Comments

Popular Posts